Monday 9 June 2014

Red-breasted Goose

Yesterday I was on a trip to land on the Inner Farne and we were just on our way to Staple Island when one of my friends from Hartlepool said that he had just seen a Red-breasted goose just fly by.

At first we thought we were kidding ourselves but when we arrived at Staple Island one of the wardens said that they had seen it to.

We kept on going with the trip and as we were heading towards to Longstone Lighthouse their is was again. This time everyone got a good view of it and we all tried to get a picture but boy they can fly fast.

After the Longstone we headed for the Inner Farne and again it went past. We turned the boat around and steamed towards it but then I stopped the boat as it turned around and was heading straight for us.

It felt like it was doing a fly by showing off to everyone.

Now I know its an escape but it was really nice surprise to see it at the Farne Islands and for me it was lovely to see as it was my first. I was very happy and a few others were too so I suppose that's all that matters.

We also got the Black Guillemot again on the first trip and it was in a totally different area than its been and it kinda caught us of guard.

Never mind here are some pictures but I'm sorry they are not very good at all.



If anyone who was with me on the trip see this blog and have some better pictures please put them on our Facebook Page and I will share them. Thank you. www.facebook.com/serenity.boats

No comments: