Friday 15 January 2016

R.I.P. BUD

Just a quick post to let everyone know that my best friend, my crewman and partner in crime has passed away this morning. He was in no pain at all but was very old indeed and it was his time.

If you know my dog then you will remember him for lots of reasons but in his later years he was always running around the harbour and then jumping onto the boat, as he would not let me go to sea on my own, plus he had to see the seals. He was the only dog allowed on the islands but this was just for a quick pee and then back on the boat. I would always know when dolphins were in the area as he used to cry with excitement and we can to the conclusion that he heard the whistle from the dolphins blow hole before we did and it was a great help for us as we were on step ahead of the game.  

When I first got him my mam asked me what was I going to call him and without hesitation I said "Bud" because he was going to be my best buddy and boy was I right.  He never left my side from the day I got him and he was still there today. The only time I have left him was when my mam and dad looked after him when I went on holiday and that was only 2 weeks a year. 
   
I could go on and on about him but I know my loss is nothing compared to other people's, but writing this post helps me a lot, so I will sign off with a couple of pictures of him.

Take care mate from all you family and friends.







9 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew I know all too well the pain caused by losing the 4 legged family member. Sorry for your loss but it sounds like he had one great life. R.I.P Bud.
Jerry
Stockton-on-Tees

Kevin Groocock said...

RIP Bud. Only met you twice but remembered always. Keep a sea watch over the boat and keep it safe. xxx

Mark Mowbray said...

So very sorry Andrew. Bud will be missed by us all my kids especially as they always knew he'd be on the boat to see them. Thinking of you my friend.

Stringer said...

So sorry to hear that mate, very sad news.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, I remember him well from all the trips we have taken with you. We lost our cat in November and I know just how big a hole they leave behind. Take care.

The Farne Islands said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. He was a special dog and will be missed very much.

Margaret Mackay said...

RIP Bud he certainly was a character I can remember when he used to take himself off and come into the shop for a biscuit then go back down the harbour.He certainly was a special one off dog x

Unknown said...

Wont be the same in seahouses not seeing him running around RIP Bud

Life in Geordieland said...

So sorry to hear this, he was gorgeous!!